25 Things You Never Knew About Keith Green
Wayne and I were very close to Keith from 1978-1982. We both served on the leadership of Last Days Ministries, and have many wonderful memories of Keith and those developing years of Last Days Ministries. Here are some inside Keith-facts.
1. Did you know that Keith wore flip flops everywhere he went?
2. Did you know that Keith always had to share his food with everyone, because if he liked it, he knew you would too? It was the Jewish mother in him.
3. Did you know Keith was a real family man? He couldn’t stand to be separated from Melody or his kids for long.
4. Did you know that Keith was very soul searching and could be harder on himself then he was on others?
5. Did you know Keith would sometimes cut his own hair; and even played barber shop with some of the other brothers at the ministry?
6. Did you know that Keith was a real night owl? He often got his best revelation late at night and would commonly call people at 2-3am to share his fresh insights.
7. Did you know that Keith used to mow the grass in Texas on a big tractor as a way to relax and to clear his head?
8. Did you know that Keith invited so many family and friends to witness the birth of his children, that it nearly became a public event?
9. Did you know that he always had a team of people praying while he was in the studio? Along with his talent, there were hours and hours of intercession that went into each album.
10. Did you know that Keith had a deep love for people and would get really involved with people he was ministering to?
11. Did you know that Keith would read the bible in the bathroom and got some of his best revelation in there?
12. Did you know that he loved to play racket ball? He also played tennis and ping pong, and was very competitive.
13. Did you know he loved to try new things? He learned to milk a cow, drive a tractor and run a printing press.
14. Did you know that he loved to go to auctions, and was able to furnish our facilities in East Texas saving thousands of dollars?
15. Did you know Keith shaved his beard when we moved to East Texas from California, to avoid offending the locals.
16. Did you know that Keith could type faster with 2 fingers than most of us can with 10?
17. Did you know Keith was really close friends with the famous revivalist, Leonard Ravenhill, and often went to him for counsel and advice?
18. Did you know he was the same off stage as he was on stage? With Keith, what you saw was who he was, he was genuine, sincere and real in all he did.
19 Did you know that Keith once drove the bus off the road in Hell’s Canyon, Utah leaving it dangling over a 2000 foot cliff? It took 2 bulldozers to lift it back onto the road.
20. Did you know Keith borrowed money on his house to sponsor the “So You Wanna Go back To Egypt” album so we could make them available to people for whatever they could afford?
21. Did you know Keith never received a salary from the ministry?
22. Did you know that in spite of his success and popularity Keith lived a very simple life?
23. Did you know Keith loved to walk when he prayed? He could often be seen in an animated prayer walk going along the edge of our ministry property.
24. Did you know Keith led worship every Friday night at a prayer meeting led by Leonard Ravenhill near our ministry in East Texas?
25. Did you know Keith had a vision to do a restaurant that would offer food for whatever you could afford as a ministry outreach to the community?
Did you know Keith wasn’t perfect, but he held nothing back in serving Jesus and bringing others into God’s Kingdom.
Tell us your Memories of Keith.